Sex dating in cotton plant arkansas
The old Indian trail called the Caddo Trace, leading from the Quapaw villages on the Arkansas River to those of the Caddo on the Red River, crossed the Ouachita River at what is now Camden.
French hunters, trappers, and traders, who were drawn to the area by the abundant game, later established a rendezvous point on the high bluff above the crossing.
Camden soon became the second-largest city in Arkansas. Chidester's stagecoach line that served Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas. Army general Frederick Steele’s Red River Campaign of 1864.
The Quapaw claimed the territory that included this part of the Ouachita basin, but it was also influenced by both Caddo trade and culture.
In 1842, Ouachita County, named for the river, was formed from the northwest portion of Union.
Ecore a Fabri was chosen as the county seat, and its name was changed to Camden at the suggestion of one of the commissioners, Thomas Woodward.
Steamboats arrived at Ecore a Fabri in the 1820s and provided it with a direct link to the cotton and commercial markets in New Orleans.
Because it was located at the head of practical navigation, Ecore a Fabri became a commercial center and began to grow.